Hair cysts are the kind of bumps which grow in between the skin and flesh, and are often really painful. These bumps are formed by ingrown bunch of hair.
It can range from rather small bumps which are not really painful but once they go undiagnosed, they hurt really badly. Also, once the cyst remains untreated, they contaminate the blood. Ingrown hair cysts are caused by the hair growing inwards instead of outwards, hence getting trapped in the skin and causing cysts. Cysts differ in various colors and sizes.
A cyst is said to be whether hard or soft as it all depends on the severity. Moreover, the size of a cyst can be either as small as a pea or even bigger. Cysts often grow on the surface of the skin too. They appear white, pink, or yellow in color. It may be said as it is ingrown hair infection results in cyst formation.
The cysts are often filled with pus. They won’t hurt unless it is infected in any way. If that’s the case, then the cyst can cause irritation and can burn from touch too. Let’s read on more to know how they can be treated.
Ingrown Hair Cyst Causes:
Ingrown hair cysts are caused by the incorrect methods of hair removal. Often, people use razors, wax, and tweezers to remove their body hair which in return causes either rough hair to grow, or causes bumps and swelling.
Such bumps result in irritation and grows into cysts. Such kinds of hair removal techniques causes the hair to either grow sideways, or curls under the skin. This causes the pores to get clogged, hence irritating the skin. People who are mostly victims of such ingrown hair cysts are the ones who have naturally hard or curly hair, or people who shave too often.
When the hair is cut or shaved till the short, sharp tips are left close to the skin, it becomes prone to grow in a weird, wrong direction. It often gets stuck under the surface of the skin. Such incorrect methods of hair removal causes the hair to start itching and makes the skin turn an ugly red.
Although, mostly the African-American are the ones who mostly get infected with ingrown cysts, but people all around the world who shave incorrectly are prone to having such cysts too. Lastly, wearing fitted clothes allow the already ingrown hair to irritate the skin. All these factors cause the hair cysts to develop on the skin.
Ingrown Hair Cyst Treatment:
Here, the treatment of ingrown hair cysts are being explained. Leaving ingrown hair cysts untreated is really dangerous, since the condition can worsen with time.
The infection is left to destroy the skin slowly and causes the skin to leave a scar permanently. It is highly recommended to visit a doctor immediately when you notice a cyst on your skin. The most frequent treatment is ingrown hair cyst removal. Some peoples try to use ingrown hair cyst cream as a cure which may cause complications.
A dermatologist uses a sterilized instrument to cut a small slit on the skin that releases the trapped hair as well as the pus. This is an initial step that is taken to treat the ingrown hair cyst removal.
Next, after ingrown hair cyst removal is that swelling on the cysts are being reduced by rubbing a generous amount of steroid medicine on it. The retinoid also helps eradicate the dead skin cells and improve skin pigmentation.
Moreover, antibiotics for ingrown hair are also helpful in treating infections that are caused by an ingrown hair. Also, never pop a cyst thinking it would reduce or go away. It can worsen with time if it’s mishandled. These are some of the methods that can be used in ingrown hair cyst removal and treatment.
Ingrown Hair Cyst Prevention:
Preventing the cysts can help save your skin from getting hurt. There are a lot of methods of preventing the cysts at home. Some of them are:
- Use a warm, wet cloth to clean the cyst every day.
- Avoid waxing off or shaving the hair around the cyst. This can risk infections.
- Place warm compresses near the cyst and allow it to expel the trapped hair over the surface of the skin.
- Use liquids like tea tree oils to help reduce the infection and soothe it naturally.
- Use sharp, professional razors to remove the hair from skin.
- Wash your skin with warm water, instead of hot water as it dries out the skin.
- Do not use a razor or a wax sheet more than twice.
- Avoid putting the razor in water to reduce rusting.
- Always use a shower gel or shaving cream before shaving.
- Wax, tweeze, and remove the hair in the director of your hair growth. Never the opposite.
- Allow your hair to properly grow before you remove them again.
- Always moisturize the skin after shaving off the hair.
- Use an exfoliating scrub to allow ingrown hair to come out from the skin.
- Place a cold towel on your skin after you are done shaving your hair.
- If all these you can not do, the best treatment is ingrown hair cyst removal.
Read Also About: Low Cheekbones and High CheekBones
Ingrown Hair Cyst Home Remedy:
Home remedies help in treating the hair cysts easily, as they consist of natural ingredients that help soothe the skin and reduce the cysts. Some of these home remedies are mentioned below:
- Make a paste with baking soda and water, and apply it on the affected area with the help of a cotton ball. Allow the mixture to rest there for a few minutes, and remove it with a clean, wet cloth. Repeat this method for a week and you’ll see clear results.
- Grind some oatmeal, and mix it with baking soda and water. Apply this mixture on the affected area and leave it on for a few minutes. This will soothe the irritation of the skin and will allow the hair to come up to the surface of skin.
Apply these two methods on your ingrown hair cysts and you will see better results in just a week or you the other treatment is ingrown hair cyst removal by any specialist.
So, here are all the necessary information that you now know about ingrown hair cyst public. With the symptoms to recognize them and the treatments to help cure them, everything is covered for you to deal with this situation by yourself correctly if needed be.